One of the biggest misconceptions about electric underfloor heating is that it is expensive to run. However, electric underfloor heating in a average six bathroom costs less to run that an average takeaway coffee a week!
Due to the fact that hot air rises, underfloor heating is a very efficient way of heating your home. Underfloor heating provides a gently, comfortable radiant heat rather than circulation hot therefore the room is comfortable at a lower temperature than other heating methods.
Greater efficiency can also be achieved by including by:
– Including a layer of insulation
– Splitting the heating into different zones
– Using a programmable thermostat to only have the heating on when you need it
So how much will it actually cost me?
Unfortunately there is no straight answer for this. There is a number of factors that will influence the efficiency and the running costs of your underfloor heating. This includes:
- The set temperature
- The size and design of the room/home
- Level of insulation
- External temperatures
- Flooring products used
- Your electricity tariff
- Length of time the floor heating is on
- If there is any other heat sources in the room
To get a estimated running cost use our running costs calculator.